2021 Don’t Fry Day Photo Contest Prizes:
Thank you to the Idaho Potato Commission for generously donating the awesome Idaho potato prizes!
2021 Don’t Fry Day Photo Contest Winners:
- Best Overall: Judy B. Taylor, Idaho Commission on Aging
- Best Team Photo: Elizabeth Hoyt, Department of Health and Welfare
- Best Sun Safety Setup: Leahann Romero, Department of Juvenile Corrections
- Cutest Photo (tie!): Angie Baker, Department of Juvenile Corrections and Vanessa Murray, Idaho State Police
- Honorable Mentions:
- Burcu Seyben, College of Southern Idaho
- Chelsea Chambers, Parks and Recreation
- Dalee Shoemaker, Idaho State Police
- Gina Cabrera, Career and Technical Education
The Friday before Memorial Day is designated as “Don’t Fry Day” to encourage sun safety awareness.
To help reduce rising rates of skin cancer from overexposure to the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun, the Friday before Memorial Day is designated as “Don’t Fry Day” to encourage sun safety awareness and to remind everyone to protect their skin while enjoying the outdoors.
2021 Don’t Fry Day Photo Contest
Show us how you prevent the fry and practice sun safety!
Submit a photo showcasing your best sun safety practices by Tuesday, June 1 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time to be entered into the 2021 Don’t Fry Day Photo Contest. Photos will be voted on by Idaho Division of Human Resources employees and special consideration will be given to photos expressing creativity, humor, and FUN!
Photo Contest Prizes
Potatoes look good fried, but YOU do not!
Protect your skin while enjoying Idaho’s great outdoors. Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen, slap on a hat, and wrap on sunglasses.