Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Idaho has one of the lowest mammography screening rates in the U.S. Do you know someone who needs encouragement?
- Risk Factors
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations
- Who Is at High Risk for Breast Cancer?
- Breast Cancer Stats
- How to Lower Your Risk
- Success Stories
- Upcoming Breast Cancer Awareness Events
Break the cycle. End domestic violence.
- Signs of abuse
- Safety planning for abusive situations
- Mental Health effects of violence
- Emotional abuse
- Get help for violence
Odds & Ends
- Prescription Drug Take-Back Day 10/22/16
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Dental Hygiene Month are you doing the Daily 4?
- Talk About your Medicines Month
- Have a Safe Halloween
- Walktober Challenge
Healthy "Table Talk" - Be Kind
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
It's fall. Clean it up! Time for a little fall maintenance? Check out these ideas
- Schedule a flu shot
- Schedule Preventive Health Checks
- Create/Review your Advance Directives
- Record your weight before the Holidays begin; check back monthly and adjust
- Plan for Quality Sleep
- Clear the clutter!
- Take care of your back
- Test and replace batteries
- Prepare your home/car for winter weather
- Check for warmth, drafts, and lighting
- Have a Wipe Out! Sanitize common surfaces
- Update your cold meds
- Keep your mitts clean!
- Are you road worthy?