Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Your Holiday Health
Managing holiday stress takes planning - don't become an "Ugly Santa". Try these tips for a healthier, happier season
- Be realistic about what you can get done
- Don't overschedule
- Take time for you
- Stick to a budget
- Plan ahead when you can
- Set aside differences; choose your battles
- Be picky - do less; enjoy more
- Note: Family traditions don't have to happen!
- Learn to say "no"
- Read more tips under Put a lid on "Ugly Santa"
Rolling with the Winter Weather
- Be prepared!
- Winter Weather Infographic
- Driving Tips great for new drivers/new car owners
- Definitions: Winter Weather Warnings, Watches, and Advisories
- Dealing with Hypothermia
- Dealing with Frostbite
Traveling this Holiday Season?
- Get a flu shot now!
- Use good health hygiene
- Staying Healthy on a Long-Distance Flight
- Read the 10 Public Hot Sports for Germs - Ewww!
Healthy "Table Talk" - Be Kind
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Have a holly jolly wallet. Check these tips on how to be financially healthy during the Holidays.
- Make a budget and stick to it
- Limit your use of plastic
- Shop using coupons and sale ads
- Plan ahead...limit last minute purchases
- Stay out of tempting shopping environments e.g., casual online surfing, Cyber Monday, one day only sales
- Ask for help with your budget, if you need it
- Know what's really important to you this Holiday Season
- Be creative in your gift giving--crafting, time, food, services
- Keep things simple
- Check out the FREE Online Solid Finances, Financial Education Webinars for 2017