Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the 2014 Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Mired in mess? Cut the clutter!
- Read the 10 Ways to Cut Clutter
- Organize one room at a time
- Use three piles: keep, donate, throw
- Keep only what brings you joy or is currently useful
- Weed out your wardrobe
- Read more including "sentimental clutter"
Time to deal with the elephant in the room? It's Alcohol Awareness Month
- Learn about Addiction
- Take the Test: Are you Addicted?
- Helping a Family Member/Friend
- The Joy of Recovery
- FAQs About Alcohol & Drugs
- Wine for Your Health: Truth or Myth
- Alcohol and Public Health
Lost your bounce?
Build some resilience. It's Stress Awareness Month. Activate your resilience skills to navigate your work life
- Be optimistic about today and the future
- Be goal oriented
- Stay balanced
- Manage your emotions
- Use your support system
- Practice mindfulness; focus on "now"
- Stop multi-tasking; dedicate time to get specific work done
- More resilience tips and resource articles on Stress Center
Distracted Driving - Is It You?
- One Call Can Change Everything
- Pledge to be an attentive driver
- U Drive. U Text. U Pay.
- Resources, Stats, Pledge Cards
Healthy "Table Talk" - Mindfulness
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Put your best foot forward - and get off on the right foot! It's Foot Health Awareness Month. Do you need to spend a little quality time with your piggies,,,err, feet?
- Summer Foot Care
- Pedicure Pointers
- Sandal Scandal!
- Footwear Tips for Older People
- Choosing Shoes for Sports
- Flip Flops
- Choosing a Running Shoe
- Foot Products by Type
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Diabetes Awareness
- Foot Health Information
- MedlinePlus: Foot Health