By: Brie Veltri, Health Program Specialist, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
What is Women’s Health Check
Women’s Health Check provides FREE breast and cervical cancer screenings and diagnostic testing for women who qualify. Service providers include public health districts, primary care offices, hospital systems, mobile mammography services, community health centers, and more. Local Coordinators across the state can answer questions about eligibility, covered services, and can also enroll women into the program.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Medicaid: Women screened or diagnosed with cancer and certain precancers through Women’s Health Check may be eligible to receive treatment through Breast and Cervical Cancer Medicaid.
Why it Matters
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death for Idaho women. If caught early, your chances of survival increase greatly. Cervical cancer is preventable with regular screening tests and follow-up. It also is highly curable when found and treated early.
Who Women’s Health Check Serves
- Those without health insurance or those with Medicaid
- US Citizens or Legal Permanent Resident for at least five years
- Low income women
- Women ages 21-64
Local coordinators across Idaho can provide more information and assist in enrollment. For more information contact a local coordinator to learn how out program can help you. Call one today!
- Panhandle Health District (Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, and Shoshone Counties)
- Tina Ghirarduzzi / 208-415-5140
- Southwest District Health (Adams, Canyon, Gem, Payette, Owyhee, and Washington Counties)
- Karen Douglass / 208-365-6371 ext. 5601
- South Central Public Health District (Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, and Twin Falls Counties)
- Melinda Bauman / 208-737-5900
- Southeastern Idaho Public Health (Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Butte, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, and Power Counties)
- Darlene Davis / 208-239-5290
- Eastern Idaho Public Health (Bonneville, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, and Teton Counties)
- Terry Reilly (Ada, Canyon, and Owyhee Counties)
- Don Morrison / 208-466-7869 ext. 1223
- Family Medicine Residency of Idaho (Ada and Elmore Counties)
- Ilian Mendez / 208-514-2500 ext. 1024
- Saint Alphonsus Breast Care Center (Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, and Washington Counties)
- Debbie Sager / 208-367-8332
- St. Mary’s Hospital (Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce Counties)