According to Forbes, 45% of Americans usually make New Year’s Resolutions; 8% are sucessful in achieving them. Ouch. Reality hits hard. The bottom line – changing behaviors is difficult (duh!). Having a plan and a support system can help in achieving goals. Don’t know how to start making a plan? Check out Table Talk. It walks you through the essentials of a plan and making SMART Goals. Don’t know how to create a support system? Beyond family and friends, check out the apps you can download on your smart phone. They’re with you day and night!
- Lose It!
- Sunrise Calendar
- Sleep Cycle
Apps are everywhere. There’s an app for anything and everything from aging bodies to talking tom cats. Here’s a few health-related apps to help you make good health choices. Check them out…
- Fooducate it’s like having a dietitian on speed dial; scan barcodes. FREE
- WebMD Pain Coach helps you manage your chronic pain; FREE
- MyFitnessPal is an amazing tool – I can’t believe it’s free; FREE
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) health information at your fingertips; FREE
- American Heart Walking Paths create, find, track walking paths; FREE