Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
It's a great time to "bump up" your fruits & veggies!
Tips on getting more of them into your family's meals
- Visit your local Farmers Market
- Involve the family in shopping, preparing, and growing the food
- Strategically pair veggies/fruits with favorite foods like pizza, dips, desserts
- Read more...
What does mindful eating look like?
Mindful eating doesn't just happen; here are some behaviors you can use...
- Eat at the table; not over the sink or on the couch
- Set the table; create an inviting environment
- No TV, tunes, phones, computers; give full attention to the meal in front of you
- Read more...
- Fit Facts - Healthy Hydration
- Water & Nutrition
- Rethink Your Drink
- Can Water Help You Lose Weight?
- Water in Diet... Perspiration, Dehydration & mor
Healthy "Table Talk" - Nonverbal Communication
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Summer scorch? Heat's on! Don't sizzle, swelter, or sweat. Prevent heat-related illness and your summer will be much happier.
- Poster: Beat the Heat
- Tips to Prevent Heat-Related Illness
- Extreme Heat
- Extreme Heat FAQs
- Hot Weather Health Emergencies Know the signs of heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat cramps, heat rash
- Prevent Child Heatstroke in Cars
- Heatstroke Safety Tips
- Keep your pets cool
- Stay hydrated
- Eat light meals; don't increase your metabolism
- Check on aging friends and relatives
More tips on Health Tools