Capitol Mall Flu Shot Clinics! Register...
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
In 2012, Idaho had the 2nd lowest mammography screening rate in the U.S. Did you know...
- Most women in Idaho who are deficient in getting timely mammograms have health care coverage; Read more...
- When detected early, the 5-year survival rate is 98%. Read more...
- In cases where the disease has spread, the 5-year survival rate is 26%. Read more...
- What is a Mammogram and When Should I Get One? CDC
- Womenshealth.gov Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer in Young Women CDC
- Genetic Counselling and Evaluation for BRCA1/2 Testing CDC
- Let's Talk About It Young breast cancer survivors (video series)
- Success Story: After Breast Cancer
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month Safety Tips for You and Your Family
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Eye Health and Safety Fact Sheets
- Halloween Health and Safety Tips CDC
- Halloween Safety
Healthy "Table Talk" - Empathy
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Are you ready for a little fall cleanup? It's time! Get your body ready for winter...
- Get a flu shot
- Check your immunizations
- Schedule preventive health checks
- Know your numbers - BP, waist, weight, blood sugar. Write them down. Track them
- Check your walking shoes for fit and function
- Locate your hat, gloves, coat, and safety lights
- Dust off your fitness club membership
- Call/text your walking partner