Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Is Chronic Pain driving you to the edge?
It's Pain Awareness Month. Check out the resources
- A Car With Four Flat Tires
- FAQ's on Chronic Pain
- Migraine Conversation Guide
- Dangers of Opioid Misuse
- 5 minute Relaxation Guide
Prostates. What men should know.
Tune in. Your heart is counting on you.
It's Cholesterol Education Month. Tune in.
Too much Cholesterol = clogged arteries.
Clogs = higher risk for heart disease/stroke
Heart disease and stroke = illness and death
Stop the madness! Try these tools
- Test Your Cholesterol IQ
- Get the basics. What is Cholesterol?
- Lower your cholesterol through lifestyle changes
- Protect yourself with Life's Simple 7
- Change your Salty Ways in 21 Days
- Sea Salt vs. Table Salt do you know the difference?
- More on Heart Health
Odds & Ends
- Finding your "why"
- September is Healthy Aging Month
- Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Grill it Safe
- Summer & Vacation Food Safety
- National Food Safety Education Month
Healthy "Table Talk" - Healthy Boundaries
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Flu prevention comes in more than one package. Be prepared so you can enjoy a healthy fall
- Brush off your healthy lifestyle skills - and use them!
- Complementary Approaches get the scoop
- Schedule a flu shot
- Wash your hands!
- Eat right
- Get 7-8 hours sleep every night
- Move it - be active!
- "Take 3"
- Disinfect common surfaces weekly at home and at work
- Wipe down your cell phone and steering wheel regularly
- Stay away from sick people
- Carry Kleenex and hand sanitizer
- Put up a poster
- Feel sick? Stay Home!!
More on Flu Resources