Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the 2014 Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Are you a women? This is about you.
Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the U.S. Be informed!
- About Heart Disease in Women
- Know Your Numbers
- Know Your Risk
- Live Healthy by Making Healthy Choices
- Heart Health and Sleep
- Join #GoRedGetFit
- Go Red for Women 2/3/17
- More resources including Heart Healthy Recipes on Heart Health
- Heart Health Clinics
- Heart Health Events
- Heart Health Classes
Don't blow a gasket!
Understand Blood Pressure & Stroke
- Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T.
- Health Threats from High Blood Pressure
- Understanding Blood Pressure Readings
- How to use an automatic monitor
- Time for a breakup? End your "salty" ways
- More resources on Heart Health
Your heart, your health. What are you doing to invest in it?
- Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
- Heart Disease
- Healthy For Good
- Top 10 Myths
- Life's Simple 7 Success Plan
Healthy "Table Talk" - Have a Happy Heart
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Losing your focus? Feeling like life is happening to you? Get back in charge and "drive your own bus"! Some tips...
- Manage your social media time
- Schedule your email review time
- Read Setting Healthy Boundaries With the World
- Cut down on multi-tasking
- Turn off all your technology at least once a day
- Schedule down time; take a break to regain some sanity
- Nagging thoughts? write them down
- Use stress reduction tools like meditation
- Manage your fatigue; get quality sleep
- Fuel your body with real food - not junk
- Use your EAP or other mental health resources
- Medication bothering you? Talk to your doc about a lower dose or different med
- Seek help if you just can't cope!