Health Matters e-News: April 17, 2017
The Employee Health e-Newsletter is published the 1st and 15th (approximate) of each month. It is sent via email to agency Wellness Contacts. If you don't receive the e-Newsletter, the web version is available below.
This Edition's Topics
Skin Cancer Screenings, Cut the Clutter, Take a Head Trip, The Value in Day Dreaming, & Dealing with Elephants
Mired in a mess? Cut the clutter!
It's spring - time to clear the clutter. Tips to get you started
- Read the 10 Ways to Cut Clutter
- Organize one room at a time
- Keep only what brings you joy
- Keep, donate, or throw
- Get rid of broken thins
- Stop storing other's stuff
- Deal with sentimental clutter
Do you know?
Do you know... which generation reports the highest levels of stress today?
Take a head trip
Exercise your brain...use it or you will lose it! Try these ideas
- Read, play games, go to a lecture, learn a new language
- Learn a musical instrument
- Mix things up
- Work out
- Stay involved
- Reduce stress
- Read more ideas on Health Tools
The value in day dreaming
Remember getting in trouble for day dreaming in grade school? Guess what - day dreaming is actually good for you! It...
- Clears your mind
- Relaxes you
- Reduces stress
- Reduces eye fatigue
- Brings balance
- Read more reasons on Stress Center
Is it time to deal with the elephant?
Alcohol is the most commonly used addictive substance in the U.S. Do you have an elephant to deal with?
- Are you addicted?
- FAQs about alcohol and drugs
- What about wine for your health?
- How do you help a family member or friend?
News to use!
- FREE Skin Cancer Screenings Northern Idaho, Boise
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day 4/29
- It's Humor Month!
- Financial Literacy Month check these resources
- National Donate Life Month FAQs
- Recipes for all your hard-boiled Easter Eggs
Idaho Steelheads Playoff Game, Morrison Center, BoiseGreenBike, River Dance Lodge, Zip the Snake Zip Line, Silver Mountain Resort, Wahooz Family Fun Zone/PINZ, ...and more on Happenings!
Make a healthy choice today!
Jody Zauha, LSW, MS