Health Matters e-News: February 15, 2017
The Employee Health e-Newsletter is published the 1st and 15th (approximate) of each month. It is sent via email to agency Wellness Contacts. If you don't receive the e-Newsletter, the web version is available below.
This Edition's Topics
Gaskets, Salt Shakers, Women and Hearts, Break-ups, and Bus Driving
Are you a woman? This is about you.
Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the U.S. It's not breast cancer, it's heart disease. What are you doing to care for your heart?
- About Heart Disease in Women
- Know Your Numbers
- Know Your Risk
- Live Healthy by Making Healthy Choices
- Heart Health and Sleep
- Join #GoRedGetFit
- Heart Healthy Recipes
- Check out the Heart Health Clinics and Classes
Do you know?
Do you know where the majority of sodium in your diet comes from? It may surprise you!
Don't blow a gasket!
Your goal: get your blood pressure checked in February. It matters.
- Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T.
- Health Threats from High Blood Pressure
- Understanding Blood Pressure Readings
- Know how to use an automatic monitor
Time for a break-up?
There is a connection between high blood pressure, salt, and heart disease. It might be time for a break-up. Here are some tips...
- Ask for less salt when you order off the menu
- Beware of "salty" words: Au jus, brined, miso, cured, smoked...
- Can't cut down your salt? Cut down your portions
- Read and use food labels
- Know how much sodium is max for you each day
- Use the "Salty Resources"
Drive your own bus!
Losing your focus? Try these tips to get back in the driver's seat
- Manage your social media time
- Set Healthy Boundaries
- Stop the multi-tasking
- Turn off the technology
- Schedule some down time
- Get quality sleep
- Use your EAP/Mental Health Resources
Don't miss this!
- Newsletter: a good reason to get up and move!
- Don't be a bear.
- Success Stories: on Heart Health
- Featured Recipe: Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
- Happy Hearts
- Feel sick? Stay home! poster
- Cholesterol Screens: Various statewide
Morrison Center, BoiseGreenBike, River Dance Lodge, Zip the Snake Zip Line, Silver Mountain Resort, Wahooz Family Fun Zone/PINZ, ...and more on Happenings!
Make a healthy choice today!
Jody Zauha, LSW, MS