High-Protein Egg Muffins
These egg muffins make a perfect grab-and-go breakfast. They are packed with protein to help keep you satisfied and energized all morning long!
Recipe from: the kitchn
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 1 medium shallot , diced
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Generously coat a 12-well standard muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Evenly divide the shallot, broccoli, cottage cheese, and cheddar between the muffin wells.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until the eggs are completely incorporated. Pour into the muffin wells, filling each 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake until the muffins are set and lightly browned around the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Run a butter knife around each cup to the loosen the muffins before removing them from the pan.