One-Pot Cheesy Pasta Bake
This one-pot meal is perfect for a busy weeknight. Pair it with some steamed broccoli or green beans for a nutritious meal that the entire family will enjoy!
Recipe from: Cooking Light
- 8 ounces ground beef or turkey
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1¼ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups unsalted crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-grain penne pasta
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler to high. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and oregano; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Add stock, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and pasta; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 13 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in spinach.
- Sprinkle cheese over pasta mixture. Place pan in oven; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown