Are you feeling stressed and out of control of your life? It's easy to lose focus and feel like life is happening to you instead of because of you. Get back in the driver's seat and "drive your own bus" with these tips...
Freshen Your Perspective...
Letter To A Person On Their First Day Here SoulPancake (video)
20 Things We Should Say More Often SoulPancake (video)
Know Your EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
If your stress level is out of control, consider some help. Check out the State of Idaho Employee Assistance Program
Setting Healthy Boundaries with the World
Events of the day from around the world can bring you down, set your mood, and squash your mojo. Take control. Try these tips...
- Don't allow world events to overwhelm you
- Choose how much media/news you let into your life
- Choose the time of day you get your news; bedtime is not the best time for a dose of news!
- Own your mood; own your emotions
- Don't give away your power to decide
- Learn to say "no"
- Know who and what are truly important in your life
- Keep perspective in all things
- Connect with people - even people you don't know! A smile is a good place to start
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Limit your use of social media
- Find joy somewhere every day
The two great days...
It was William Barclay who said... The two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.
What is your "why"?
Craving purpose in your life? Understanding your deeper "why" matters to your health and to your stress level. Purpose...
- Keeps you centered in stressful times
- Creates an inner sense of motivation
- Helps you stick to your goals
- Helps create balance
- Helps you make better choices
- Makes you a happier person
Creating your "why"
Not sure where to start? Dive in. It takes time to bring clarity to your "why" and your why can change with time and circumstances. Contemplate these questions
- What gives purpose and meaning to your life?
- What makes your life worth living?
- What makes you feel you have an impact on your world?
- What do you value?
- What brings you joy?
- What gives you energy?
- Draft your why - as a word, a phrase or a paragraph that describes your why. Examples....To be a role model for my friends. To ease suffering. To create a healthier planet. To raise healthy children. To be a life-long learner. To do good work. To...
- Now tie your health/wellness goal to your why - and watch amazing things happen!
Resources to Build Resilience
- Manage Stress Workbook this is well worth a look...
- Reducing Stress Can Save Your Life
- STRESS...At Work
- 101 Strategies For Coping With Stress
- Stress relief from laughter? It's no joke
- Laughter is the 'Best Medicine' for Your Heart
- The Positive Side of Stress
- 10 Tips for Managing Holiday Stress
- Stress and Heart Health AHA
- Stress Management AHA
- Deepak Chopra's Top Tips to Reduce Stress
- Stress University of Maryland Medical System
- Stress Learning Center Network of Care
- Reducing Stress - Strategies you can use!
- The Low Stress Diet
- Four Things You Can Do to Alleviate Stress
- Daily Meditation
- The Stress Management Topic Overview
- Stress Management - Measuring Stress
- Manage Stress
- Fact Sheet on Stress
- Managing Daily Stress
- Different Kinds of Stress
- Stress Resources
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline text/call 1-208-398-4357
National Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Scroll to Mental Health on Health Links
PowerPoints, Guides, & Handouts
Reducing Stress and the Low Stress Diet PowerPoint presentations (see above) are ready-made packages you can deliver in a classroom setting or meeting environment. If you decide to lead a noon hour class on either subject, check out the additional resources below:
- Low Stress Diet , speaker guide and employee handouts.
- Reduce Your Stress, speaker guide and/or employee handouts.