Flu news - did you know?
- Map: The Flu is widespread in Idaho
- It's not too late for a flu shot!
- Sneezes and coughs spread germs fast
- Touching your nose, mouth, or eyes with dirty hands is an open invitation to the flu!
- Please cover your coughs/sneezes at work! Your co-workers will appreciate you
- Elbows are much better at catching and keeping flu germs than your hand and a Kleenex
- When you use a Kleenex, wash your hands before touching anything
- Feel sick? Don't be a hero - Stay Home!!
Home. Clean it up!
Germs have favorite hangouts in homes. You can make it stop.
- The kitchen sink
- Kitchen sponges
- The toothbrush holder
- Pet food dishes
- Coffee maker water reservoir
- Appliance knobs
- Kitchen and bathroom faucets
- Counter tops
- Salt & Pepper shakers
- Cleaning Hit List: What to Disinfect
Keep it clean while you are on the road!
- Hotels: clean the remotes, light switches, phones, hair dryers, and unwrapped drinking glasses
- Airplanes: clean the tray tables, drinking fountain buttons, overhead air vents, lavatory flush buttons, seat belt buckles, bathroom stall locks (Source: CNN)
- Staying Healthy on a Long-Distance Flight
EEK! According to the CDC only 31% men and 65% women wash their hands after using the restroom. So - wash your hands often; don't touch your face, mouth, eyes, or nose with dirty hands.
Toothbrush Prank! (30 second video)
Stop the Flu Gremlins!
Give your health a boost; try these tips to avoid the flu gremlins and support your immune system
- Avoid empty calories
- Keep moving
- Sleep, sleep, sleep!
- Limit alcohol
- Quit the cigarettes
- Wash your hands!!!
- Reduce your stress
- Spend time with positive people
- Build a strong support network
- Keep a positive outlook
- Spend time with pets
Schedule a Worksite Clinic
To set up a worksite clinic, contact a Blue Cross of Idaho participating pharmacy. Click on Find a CVS Caremark pharmacy near you! Or, contact your local hospital and inquire if they are a Blue Cross contracting provider.
- Vaccine Information Statement (CDC) Inactivated (Injection)
Concerned about coverage? The Office of Group Insurance recommends that every person check with their insurance carrier regarding coverage of flu vaccinations prior to attending any flu clinics. For those members on the State’s group insurance program, flu vaccines are included in the Preventive Care benefit when administered by an In-Network pharmacist or provider at no co-pay for the vaccine to the individual. State employees and their dependents who have questions about prescription coverages or network pharmacy providers may contact Blue Cross of Idaho’s Pharmacy Benefit Manager, CVS Caremark Rx Customer Care at 855-839-5205 or Blue Cross Customer Service at the number on the back of the member ID card.
Keep Your Workplace Armed!
- Put out Kleenex, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes
- Wipe down common surfaces weekly; don't forget to wipe down your cell phone!
- Schedule a flu shot
- Post handwashing and anti-flu posters in break rooms and restrooms
Take Care of YOU!
- Be prepared for the season...kleenex, thermometer, pain relievers, popsicles, juice
- Pay attention to your symptoms
- Get the right medications
- If you're sick, stay home!
- Use disposable cups and towels to curb germs
- Try some natural treatments...tea, honey, vitamins, herbs, ginger, chicken soup, garlic, steam, menthol ointment, saltwater gargle, bed rest...
- Drink plenty of fluids
Flu Prevention Posters
Check out the posters! Place them in work areas, eating areas, and restrooms.