Barbeque Pulled Chicken
This fanciful reinterpretation of pulled pork uses chicken and lots of tomato sauce. Have sliced jalapenos, sliced red onions and some sour cream on hand to top this hearty main course.
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, chopped, drained
- 3 TBS cider vinegar
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6 quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; stir to combine.
Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
Recipe from WebMD
NOTE: If you are on a restricted diet or are being treated for a health condition, review the Featured Recipe with your dietitian, nutritionist, or physician. Nutrition Facts/Information for the Featured Recipe are provided by the source, unless otherwise noted.