Are you the 1 in 4 who doesn't know?
There is something you can do... change your lifestyle
- Lose excess weight
- Move your body!
- Eat a plant-based diet, boost your fiber, and follow good nutrition guidelines
- Manage your stress
- Sleep well
- Decrease your alcohol; increase your water
- Stop tobacco
- See your doctor regularly
- Know your family history
It's not Grandma who's getting diabetes...
- People are getting Type 2 diabetes younger...and it progresses faster and more aggressively in young people
- Being overweight is a factor, but the real risk is the hidden layers of fat around your organs. The fat you cannot see or feel
- Grandma is not the only one getting more inactive. Three out of ten high school students are not getting enough daily activity
- Take the Type 2 Diabetes Risk Test
- Get the facts!
What's it all about?
Read the Success Stories
- Pre-diabetes. Stop it - one pebble at a time.
- Beating Down the Pounds!
- Diabetes: A Disease of Choice
- Diabetes: You Can Take Control
High Blood Pressure and Diabetes How they connect
- YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program, Treasure Valley
Check out the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), sponsored by the YMCA. For specifics on participation/schedule and/or to register read the brochure... For more information about either series of classes, call Kara Federonick at 208-344-5502, ext 207.
- Diabetes Prevention Program, Statewide
Check out the Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP) offered across the state; this is the same model as used by the YMCA (above). Go to Idaho Prevents Diabetes and take the pre-test. See the multiple class locations and contact info on the right side of the webpage in the grey area.
- Diabetes Self-Management Classes, Boise
St. Luke's/Humphreys Diabetes Center, Boise, is offering Diabetes Self-Management Classes. For information and registration, visit their website
- Diabetes Education Series, Moscow, 2/07
Gritman Clinical Nutrition & Diabetes Care sponsors a monthly support group, free and open to the public. February's topic: Diabetes and High Blood Pressure. For more information call 208.883.6341. Read more...
- Diabetes Support Group Meeting, Kamiah (2/01) & Grangeville (2/09),
These Support Group Meetings occur monthly through May. Contact St. Mary's Hospital & Clinics at 208-962-3267 with questions. February's topic is "Diabetes Skin Conditions". Read the year's schedule...
Kamiah: 1:00-2:30 at the Kamiah Bible Church (first Wednesday)
Grangeville: 1:00-2:30 at Oscar's Restaurant (first Thursday)
- Prediabetes Class, Lewiston
Take advantage of this free education opportunity to learn about prediabetes and how it can lead to type 2 diabetes; learn prevention strategies. Sponsored by St. Joseph Diabetes Center. Read more...
April 19, 2017 Class
June 22, 2017 Class
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Program, Hailey
Ongoing classes are offered to the community. Contact the St. Luke's Hailey Clinic at 208-727-8733 for class information.
- Eat Better, Feel Better Series Idaho Falls, February through June
Register for any or all of these free classes taught by a certified diabetes educator and registered dietician. Classes are held at Natural Grocers in Idaho Falls. Read more and register now...
Introduction to Plant-Based Cooking & Meal Planning: 2/11, 3/25, 5/20
Breakfast, The Most Important Meal of The Day: 2/18, 4/08, 5/27
What's in Your Lunch Box?: 2/25, 4/15, 6/10
Eat Your Vegetables: The More The Merrier!: 3/11, 4/22, 6/17
Oh No, It's Time for Dinner!: 3/18, 5/13, 6/24
- Hodia Kids & Teens Camps, 2017
For information about various camps, visit the website.
- MoveWell TODAY Diabetes Exercise Program, Boise
MoveWell TODAY is a 12-week fitness intervention designed to help you manage your diabetes and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) levels and help you get fit. Each class includes a warm-up, cardio conditioning stations, 3 strength training stations, group core conditioning, flexibility training and a cool-down. This program is sponsored by the Treasure Valley YMCA. Join any time; classes are ongoing. Contact Vicki at the YMCA for questions/pricing at (208) 344-5502 x 217
Tools to Use: Prevention!
Just One Step (NDEP)
Pre Diabetes find a program near you
Tools to Use: Managing Your Diabetes
New Beginnings: A Discussion Guide for Living Well with Diabetes Managing the emotional side of diabetes
Diabetes Health Sense (NDEP)
Diabetic Eye Disease (DHW)