Be a Quitter!
FREE Classes! Call it quits. No Excuses. Start now.
Butt Out. (poster)
- Tobacco & Vaping Cessation Classes Emmett, 3/06 to 3/09
Register now for these FREE classes. Classes run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; call Gayle for more information or registration at 208-369-8372.
- Time for a Fresh Start... Lewiston, January, February, or March
FREE group classes held at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center and led by Public Health-Idaho North Central District staff. Classes meet from Noon to 1:00 p.m. Choose your month! Call 208.799.0354 for more information. Read more...
- Quit Tobacco Lewiston, January, February, or March
Don't feel like a hospital-based program? Enroll in one of these FREE group sessions held at Nez Perce Recovery & Resource Center in Lewiston. Classes are led by Public Health-Idaho North Central District staff. Classes meet from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Call 208.799.3100. Read more...
- FREE Quit With Nancy, Boise, Nampa, Ontario/Fruitland, Baker City, Evening Classes, January through June
Sponsored by Saint Alphonsus, these classes have a 92% completion rate. Over 50% of participants quit and another 40% reduce their use. FREE DVD program upon completion. Read more and call 208.367.7373 to register.
- FREE Quit With Nancy, Boise, January/February, Daytime Classes
Sponsored by Saint Alphonsus Family Center and the Downtown YMCA, this FREE program if offered during the day at the Downtown Y Healthy Living Center on the following dates: Class in four days: 1/17, 1/19, 1/24, & 1/26 OR class in two days: 2/04 & 2/11. Read more and call 208.367.7373 to register.
- FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy & Tobacco Cessation Class List, includes a 4 week supply of gum, patches, or lozenges
- FREE Classes: Panhandle Health District Coeur d’Alene Area
- FREE Classes: Lewiston Area
- FREE Classes: Central District Health Treasure Valley Area
- FREE Classes: Southwest District Health Caldwell Area
- FREE Classes: South Central District Health Twin Falls Area
- FREE Classes: Southeastern Idaho Public Health Pocatello Area
- FREE Classes: Eastern Idaho Public Health District Idaho Falls Area
- Freedom From Smoking Online, American Lung Association
Did you know?
- Current percentage of cigarette smokers (in the U,S, in 2013): 17.8%
- Of that 17.8%, Male smokers were 20.5%; female smokers were 15.3%
- More than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking
- On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers
- Total economic cost of smoking (in the U.S.) is more than $300 billion a year
(Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fast Facts)
- 10 Ways to Cope With Emotions Without Cigarettes
- Calculate the Cost of Smoking
- Learn about Lung Cancer
- Tobacco and Cancer
- Idaho Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
- Smoking & Tobacco Use, CDC State Highlights Idaho
- Smoking & Second Hand Smoke (CDC)
E-cigarettes, E-hookahs, and more
- E-cigarettes and E-hookahs
- Information about New Tobacco Products Snus, Dissolvables, e-cigarettes
- Study Compares e-Cigarettes to Quit-Smoking Aids(ACS)
- What about electronic cigarettes? (ACS)
- Electronic Cigarettes (E-cigs): Solution or Danger?
- E-cigarette Ads and Youth
Online Quit Tools
- Stay Away from Tobacco (ACS)
- Helping a Smoker Quit: Do's and Don'ts
- Guide to Quitting Smoking (ACS)
- Help for Cravings and Tough Situations (ACS)
- Project Filter free classes offered through the Health Districts below