Vote for Health Matters to receive a Wellness Council of America DISH Award!
National Diabetes Month
- Diabetes Symptoms
- My Health Advisor click on Get started now!
- Diabetes Resources, CDC
- National Diabetes Education:Program, NDEP
- American Diabetes Association
- Idaho Diabetes Prevention & Control
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Your Family
- Be Smart About Your Heart. Control the ABCs of Diabetes
- Stop Diabetes!
The Great American Smokeout! 11/20
Tobacco use remains the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the U.S.
- Why Quit?
- The True Cost of Smoking ACS
- Zombie Smokeout Mobile Game ACS
- Quitting Resources & Guides ACS
- Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)
- Be a Quitter FREE Idaho quit classes, NRT, and more!
Healthy "Table Talk" - Heroes
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
The only thing smoking this Thanksgiving should be your turkey. Cigarettes are out. Stop it. Tips for quitting...
- Know your reasons
- Set a quit date
- Try nicotine replacements - NRT
- Get support from family and friends
- Keep stress in check
- Avoid your triggers!
- Get rid of the stuff... cigarettes, ash trays, smelly things
- Move it - exercise eases withdrawal
- Set a reward and stay focused
- Relapse is common; don't give up; set another quit date
- Take a FREE class
More on Be A Quitter