Skin Cancer Screenings
State Employee Skin Cancer Screening, Boise, Department of Environmental Quality, 5/22
Register now for this FREE screening from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; this screening is open to any State of Idaho employee; DEQ is located just off the Interstate at 1410 N. Hilton near the crossroads of Fairview and Orchard. Parking is free and easily accessible.
Spot Checks: Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls, Sandpoint
These screenings are FREE and sponsored by Kootenai Cancer Center. To schedule an appointment, phone (208) 666-3148.
- Coeur d'Alene: 5/4, Kootenai Cancer Center, 700 Ironwood Dr. Suite 103; 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Read more...
- Post Falls: 5/11, Kootenai Cancer Center, 1440 E. Mullan Ave.; 9:00 a.m. to Noon. Read more...
- Sandpoint: 6/8, Kootenai Cancer Center Sandpoint, Bonner General Hospital; 10 a.m. to Noon. Read more...
McCall Community Skin Cancer Screening: 6/7, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., McCall Hospital Complex (exact location to be announced). For more information, or to register early, call Integrative Health at 208-634-1400
See Skin Cancer Screening Clinics webpage for FREE annual community screenings, ongoing community screenings, and worksite screenings.
Saint Alphonsus Health System, SW Idaho
Check out the mobile locations on the monthly schedule, then call Saint Alphonsus to schedule your mobile mammography appointment at 208-367-3571. If you live or work in a rural area, this is a great opportunity to get your screening done! View the monthly schedule.
Saint Luke's Health System, SW Idaho:
Call 208-706-2055 to make your mobile mammography appointment.
- Fairfield Clinic: 5/30-31
Portneuf Medical Center, Pocatello
Portneuf Medical's Mobile Mammography Coach visits the following Pocatello area cities each month; call to schedule an appointment at that site. To schedule the Mobile Coach at your worksite, phone 208-239-1560.
- Bear Lake: 1st Thursday 208-847-1630
- American Falls: 1st Tuesday 208-226-3200
- Malad: 3rd Tuesday 208-766-2231
- Soda Springs: 3rd Thursday 208-547-3341
- Fort Hall: 4th Monday 208-238-5435
- Arco: 4th Thursday 208-527-8206
- Preston: 4th Tuesday 208-852-4123
Cardiac Risk (Cholesterol) Clinics
Know your numbers! For ongoing community Cardiac Risk Profile Clinics (e.g., cholesterol & glucose checks), contact your area hospital or District Health Office.
- Cholesterol/Glucose Screening, Boise, (at Central District Health): $20, First Tuesday/monthly. Mountain Home: second Wednesday/every 3 months. You may also schedule a worksite clinic.
- Cardiac Risk Profiles, Twin Falls, $16, Monday-Friday
- Heart Health Education & Worksite Cholesterol Checks Pocatello
- Heart Risk Assessment/Blood Draw, Boise & Meridian
Clinic includes fasting cholesterol panel and glucose levels, cardiac risk profile, and discussion. $20; includes lab work. Blood draws end at 8:00 a.m. Pre-registration required. Clinics held quarterly. Phone 208-381-9000 for clinic dates and registration info
St. Luke's Boise, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
St. Luke's Meridian, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
For more Information visit What is Cholesterol? and/or Cholesterol
Men's Health: Prostate Cancer Screenings
Free prostate cancer clinics in Idaho often occur in June and September each year. Some health fairs across the state also provide free screening. Check this webpage monthly for updates.
If a clinic is not available near you, ask your doctor for an exam and/or a blood test to determine your PSA level